Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Mark and Craig are amazing. They were able to squeeze me into their very busy schedule and get my car running in less than 4 hours. They are helpful, honest and quick. Would recommend to anyone.
Ken Hanson, 05/15/2022
Mark Soto was the best person I've ever talked to there. He's a very smart man! He definitely deserves a HUGE raise.
Destiny Soto, 02/20/2022
Been coming here for quite some time now, about 3 years, and have took multiple vehicles here now. Started off buying Amsoil from them and built a relationship with them since. Mark is very friendly and knowledgeable as well as Carl, Mark provides great customer service every time over the phone and in person and Carl as well as customer service also provides good quality work if not great. Take all my cars here from Oil changes(Engine, Transmission, Gear, etc.) and suspension work. They are very knowledgeable and honest, and let's all be honest it's very hard finding a reliable, knowledgeable, and HONEST mechanic that provides quality work and gives you piece of mind. Took my car in for a trans flush and I pointed out some suspension noise that NOONE else, No other shop could figure out the noises point of origin and Carl and his team found it in less than 5 minutes, gave me a price and they took care of it. I could hear the noise anytime I drove, it was very audible from inside and outside and it was embarrassing and annoying, dealt with it for a while and Carl's crew took care of me and my car and gave me piece of mind again. I appreciate you fellas, I'm a life long customer now, thanks to Mark, Carl and Pedro and Genesis Automotive. Highly recommended. Very trust worthy. Call ahead to see if they are available and not booked up so that you don't make the trip only to find that they don't have time to take your car in and leave you with a bad taste of them over your poor planning and leave them a bad review because of your own fault. Make an appointment and I promise it's worth the wait.
Christopher Ballesteros, 11/01/2021